Modification and Enforcement Law in Centennial, Colorado

Family Law Appellate Work:

Family law cases can be appealed if the Court made certain kinds of errors and incorrect rulings. You cannot successfully appeal a family law case just because you did not like the Court's Order. Our attorneys prepare and defend family law appeals on all types of family law cases.


Contempt is a case that you file when you believe the other side is not complying with a Court Order. This is a remedy in post-decree dissolution cases.

Domestic Violence:

Domestic Violence can come in many shapes, sizes, and decrees. Our attorneys are experience and trained in how to handle domestic violence in family law cases.

Our firm can help you navigate a divorce that involves domestic violence issues.

The law requires that courts consider allegations of domestic violence when making child custody orders for parenting time and decision making responsibilities. Often when domestic violence is an issue in your case, you have what many consider a “high conflict divorce.”

Civil Protection Orders:

People often desire a civil protection order, or a restraining order, against a spouse or domestic partner. Our attorneys are happy to meet with you to determine whether or not a civil protection order is the right step to take in your case.

Post-Decree Child Custody Modification:

After your divorce your children's needs may change and schedules may change. Children have very different needs when they are two-years-old and when they are fifteen. The circumstances of parents can also warrant a post-decree modification of parenting time. Our attorneys often work with parties to determine if a modification of parenting time or decision making is warranted.

If parenting time is modified, child support may also need to be modified.

Post-Decree Child Support Modification:

After your divorce, any time either party has a change of circumstances that would change the child support amount by at least 10%, child support can be modified.

Post-Decree Maintenance Modification or Termination:

After your divorce, if the Court Ordered one party to pay maintenance, the Court can modify the maintenance order any time there is a substantial and continuing child of circumstances that makes the maintenance order unfair. In some cases, the parties will agree in their Separation Agreement that the maintenance arrangement is contractual, which means that the Court cannot modify the maintenance arrangement. The Court's authority in contractual maintenance cases is limited to enforcement of the agreement.